Skip to main content

Tarte Makeover Event Recap


I have seriously been slacking on my blog this week, and for that my dear readers, I apologize! House hunting is absolulty killing me, and all of my time. I never thought in a million years this would be such a difficult task! Any house I have found and liked, is GONE within hours. Its frustrating. Time consuming. Stressful.

I digress! Last weekend, Shalott (Shalittle.com) and I were invited to an event hosted by Tarte at the Hulen Ulta in Fort Worth, for the ability to try out their products and get some super fun makeovers!



The event was on the smaller side, but, I personally prefer that! We weren't packed in there like sardines! It was a lot more mellow than other events I have been to in the past, but it was very relaxing getting my makeover! I felt pampered! 

I was not new to Tarte products at all! I love their lipstains, their blushes, and their mascara. I even converted my mom to a Lights, Camera, Lashes fan- and she's much harder to convince than me! 




After some browsing and excess swatching - hello hand stains! - it was time to get our makeover on using exclusively Tarte products! My fabulous artist, Samuel, wanted me to give contouring a try! My thought was "Why not? He's a professional", especially since I royally screw it up every time. I look like my son does after playing in the dirt.





I was seriously impressed with the final results! I had definition in my cheek bones, something I haven't seen much of since the dreaded pregnancy weight gain 6 years ago! Samuel even walked me thought the steps he was taking so I could replicate it at home. While the contouring isn't something I would do on a daily basis since I like to wear much more natural makeup for work, I will definitely pull this out of my back pocket when I want the "Dammmmnnn, girl! You sexy!" feeling for a night out on the town!

My wonderful artitst, Samuel and I. He was great! I just wish I could take
 him home with me and have him do my makeup on a daily basis!

The products used for my makeover are as follows:

Mararuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium/Neutral 
Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in Medium/Neutral (This made me break out pretty bad! Oh no!)
Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
The Slenderizer Bamboo Contouring Brush



Shalott and I with one of the Tarte artists, Melissa. 


My favorite fellow blogger, Shalott!



I am glad that the Manager of this Ulta, Misty, reached out to us to join in on the fun! Tarte cosmetics has always been one of those brands that I just drooled over as a younger teen and love to this day! I am glad I got to try some products that I hadn't had a chance to try! I also just want to hoard more of their lip stains, blushes, and now cheek stains! I am a sucker for those types of products!

We also got an awesome Swag Bag from Tarte! I will review those products as I get to try them out a and give you my opinions!!

Have you tried any Tarte Cosmetics products? If so, let me know your favorites below in the comments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lush’s Jason and the Argon Oil Shampoo Bar Review

I suck. I know. I am horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I have been absent for nearly two weeks. There have been a few things to cause this, most of which is house hunting and packing. House hunting sucks. I used to think that would be fun to look at houses, I was so wrong. In a few weeks time, we have looked at roughly 16 houses. We have loved 4. By the time we stepped foot in the house, they already had several applications on it (we are renting, not buying—which means we get to do this again in a few years when we are buying. JOY.) We even got to be the first people to view a house within hours of it being “on the market”, but it already had four applications on it before we got ours in the next morning…FOUR. We kept getting passed over since we had to put in a 30 day notice for our apartment, and apparently, that’s too long of a wait for someone to move in. To remedy that problem, we put in our notice for our apartment. Our realtor told us it would be no problem finding a house we like

It Cosmetics Ulta Meet & Greet

This is a late post, but last week was kind of a blur it was so busy! My main squeeze was out of town for work, so I was left with kiddo duty all week, plus it was my birthday, my son’s Pre-K Graduation, and we have been house hunting! I still don’t know how I fit sleep in there anywhere. Nonetheless, here I am with a recap of the second part of the weekend – the IT Cosmetics Meet & Greet at Ulta! Check out the first part of the weekend here! Shalott, from Shalittle.com , and I drove out to the Ulta in Southlake for this fabulous occasion. The purpose of this meet & greet was to introduce people to the IT Cosmetics line through makeovers as well as the opportunity to meet Jamie Kern and the other amazing ladies from the IT Cosmetics team. Upon walking in to the store, you could just feel the excitement and energy coming from all the people there for their complementary makeovers! This was the busiest I have ever seen an Ulta store – even busier than the 2 days befor

IT Cosmetics VIP Dinner

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to be invited to a very special VIP dinner hosted by   IT Cosmetics   , along with fellow Dallas bloggers! The dinner included some divine food, champagne, fabulous makeup, and some incredibly fun company at   Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck  atop Reunion Tower in Downtown Dallas. We were also treated to makeovers and a meet & greet with the Co-Founder, Jamie Lima. Being so new at blogging this was my very first experience like this, and let me tell you it was a great first experience. The night started off with some wonderful appetizers, that unfortunately I did not snap pictures of! The tables were also decorated with some of IT Cosmetics products! Adorable! Once we sat down for dinner, we learned more about the company and their products. I had known of the company prior to this due to the New Beauty Test Tube last spring. I received one of their fabulous brushes, which made me want to try the other products! I ended up learning so