Skip to main content

All about moi!


To change things up a bit and to let you know more about me, I am going to get a little personal. (In my head, I sang that as "Get a little Personal, Personal” to the tune of “Physical” by the lovely Olivia Newton John—are you sure you want to get personal?!) What is a better way to get more personal than to throw it back to my Xanga/Myspace days with a “Get to Know Me” questionnaire! I have no shame admitting I used to love doing these!




1: Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed. There might be a monster in the closet.


2:Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
No! 5 years in the Hospitality Industry, it was pounded into my head how much those little babies cost - Not individually, but when you have to order a month’s supply…it’s a bit ridiculous.


3:Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I hate the feeling of sheets, so I don’t sleep with the top sheet at all. Just the fitted one. I was always told I was like the Princess and the Pea…and it’s basically true.


4:Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Yes. I had a rebellious streak when I was 17. It was short lived. I was so worried we were going to get arrested just for having it hang in a friend’s garage. I sucked at rebellion.


5:Do you like to use post-it notes?
Love them. I especially love pretty ones. I have been banned from Targets Dollar Spot because I hoard all the cute sticky notes they have. I can buy 10 at a time if they are only $1, right?!


6:Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I forget about them. I have a 5 year old boy. By the time I get to the checkout, I am lucky to have my
sanity…let alone coupons. Saving the $0.05 isn’t worth one more “Mom can I have….”


7:Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
Bear. Then I can play dead! I read that works somewhere. I suck at outside…so I wouldn’t know the
“Campers Guide to Surviving a Bear Attack” rules.


8:Do you have freckles?
A few. My favorite is on my upper lip! That’s my husband’s favorite too!


9:Do you always smile for pictures?
No! I tend to make silly faces. I think I have more pictures with crazy faces than ones with smiles, this dating back to my toddler years.


10:What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who don’t understand personal space.


11:Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
I have a watch to do that for me! I just realized how incredibly lazy that sounds...


12:Have you ever peed in the woods?
No, since “I suck at outside” the woods are not a place for me. Plus, unless there is a real toilet
somewhere, that’s not happening.


13:What about pooped in the woods?
No


14:Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
I do! There is music playing in my head when I do! Or it’s my “happy dance.


15:Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Yes. It’s a habit. Better the pens than my nails! Side note: Why would you chew a pencil, you would be eating the eraser, no?


16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Oh la la la. Wouldn’t you like to know?!


17:What size is your bed?
Queen


18:What is your Song of the week?
Anything from Wicked the Musical. I think I have listened to the CD on repeat this week. I can’t pick just one.


19:Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
More power to you! I think some guys look adorable in pink!


20:Do you still watch cartoons?
I have a 5 year old. We watch cartoons on the regular.


21:Whats your least favorite movie?
This is actually a tough one. I am going to be very general here. After doing 7 years of theatre in Middle School and High School, anything with horrid acting is on my “Nope” list.

22:Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I wouldn’t bury it, I would spend it...


23:What do you drink with dinner?
Water. I will only drink soda if alcohol is invited to the party. Otherwise, it’s not worth it.


24:What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Chick-fil-a Sauce or White Gravy. End of story.


25:What is your favorite food?
Caramel. I get that it’s a sweet, but it’s the fastest way to my heart.


26:What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
No judgment…Veronica Mars. The entire series. Kristen Bell is my spirit animal.


27:Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My half-pint. I know…so exciting…right?


28:Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I was, until we had to go camping, then I was done. Buh-bye.


29:Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
No. Keep it classy ladies!


30:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Oh, damn. To my child. As the tooth-fairy. Does that count?


31:Can you change the oil on a car?
Ahahaha. Noooo. I killed the engine in my first car since I had NO IDEA I had to do that. I always had my dad or boyfriend (now husband) do that! I know, I know, its pitiful. Don’t worry. I know it HAS to be done now, just not HOW to do it.


32:Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Oh, good grief, yes. I actually got one last week. Oops! My dad taught me to drive, say enough?


33:Ever ran out of gas?
I have sputtered my way into the gas station, VERY close to running out.


34:Favorite kind of sandwich?
Turkey, Chipotle Gouda, spinach, avocado on sourdough bread. Toasted Panini style.


35:Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Waffles are one of my faves.


36:What is your usual bedtime?
I like to be in bed by 10:00pm most nights, but the reality of that happening with a very busy little boy are slim.


37:Are you lazy?
I wish I could be lazy every now and again. Life with a 5 year old boy in a sport like Hockey makes that nearly impossible.


38:When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
All kinds of stuff. My mom is very skilled at sewing. She made all kinds of elaborate costumes. One year I was a mermaid with a tail. Like straight up tail. It was awesome. One day I will share some pictures.


39:What is your Chinese astrological sign?
Snake. I definitely had to Google that, too.


40:How many languages can you speak?
English, a little bit of Spanish and a very small amount of French. So collectively, 2-ish.


41:Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
I do! Food Network, Recipes.com, Redbook, Parenting, and Fitness Magazine.


42:Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
Legos! Until I step on them. Then they seriously suck.


43:Are you stubborn?
Very much. Just ask my main-squeeze.


44:Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
No contest, Leno!


45:Ever watch soap operas?
No, they are too dramatic.


46:Are you afraid of heights?
Nope.


47:Do you sing in the car?
Who doesn't?!


48:Do you sing in the shower?
Not typically.


49:Do you dance in the car?
I have serious jam outs in the car.


50:Ever used a gun?
I have. My husband is from the country...Enough said.


51:Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
A few weeks ago at a friends wedding.


52:Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Never. Love love love musicals. I was jamming out to Wicked all week, remember?


53:Is Christmas stressful?
Yes. I stress every single year.


54:Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes.


55:Favorite type of fruit pie?
Lemon Meringue


56:Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
I was very specific as a kid, I wanted to be a Pediatric Surgeon. 


57:Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes


58:Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
I did yesterday, actually.


59:Take a vitamin daily?
I take a few.


60:Wear slippers?
No, they make my feet sweaty.


61:Wear a bath robe?
I have one, but I never wear it.


62:What do you wear to bed?
A tank top and shorts.


63:First concert?
Spice Girls!


64:Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Target.


65:Nike or Adidas?
Adidas


66:Cheetos Or Fritos?
Cheetos, of the Flaming Hot variety.


67:Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
How about pistachios? I like those.


68:Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
Does Googling them just now count?


69:Ever take dance lessons?
Oh yes. As a child I did ballet. And figure skating, dance was required for that too. And most recently when I got married, we did 6 months of ballroom style dance.


70:Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Future spouse? Hmmm. I see my current spouse being a fireman like he always dreamed of being.


71:Can you curl your tongue?
Yep.


72:Ever won a spelling bee?
Nope. I was in one in the 1st grade, but didn't get any further than my grade level.


73:Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
I have. Pregnancy hormones do crazy things to you. I cried to cry at that time.


74:Own any record albums?
Nope.


75:Own a record player?
Nope.


76:Regularly burn incense?
Ew. No. It stinks.


77:Ever been in love?
Of course.


78:Who would you like to see in concert?
Garth Brooks.


79:What was the last concert you saw?
EdgeFest last year.


80:Hot tea or cold tea?
It all depends.


81:Tea or coffee?
Mostly tea, unless I really need a kick of caffeine.


82:Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodle. Homemade in particular.


83:Can you swim well?
Sure can. Lessons every year from 4-9 years old does that.


84:Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Uhhhh. Yeah? I didn't know it was possible to NOT be able to do that.


85:Are you patient?
Nope. Not at all. That's not one of strong points.


86:DJ or band, at a wedding?
DJ! They are more fun!


87:Ever won a contest?
Mmhm.


88:Ever have plastic surgery?
Nope.


89:Which are better black or green olives?
Neither.


90:Can you knit or crochet?
I used to knit. I think I forgot how.


91:Best room for a fireplace?
Why? That is what I am asking myself right now...why am I still doing this? Living room, I guess.


92:Do you want to get married?
Nope, not at all. Why would I want to get married to my HUSBAND--that's why he's my husband and all...


93:If married, how long have you been married?
Shouldn't this have been a question from the start? Since they talked about "future spouses" earlier on? But, nearly 4 years.


94:Who was your HS crush?
Oh man, there might be too many to name. I was a bit boy crazy.


95:Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Cry or throw a fit? No. But I do know how to get my way.


96:Do you have kids?
Yep. My precious little hockey player. He's my favorite.


97:Do you want kids?
Any more? Verdict is still out.


98:Whats your favorite color?
Pink. Purple. Teal. They are loved equal.


99:Do you miss anyone right now?
My family that lives up north.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lush’s Jason and the Argon Oil Shampoo Bar Review

I suck. I know. I am horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I have been absent for nearly two weeks. There have been a few things to cause this, most of which is house hunting and packing. House hunting sucks. I used to think that would be fun to look at houses, I was so wrong. In a few weeks time, we have looked at roughly 16 houses. We have loved 4. By the time we stepped foot in the house, they already had several applications on it (we are renting, not buying—which means we get to do this again in a few years when we are buying. JOY.) We even got to be the first people to view a house within hours of it being “on the market”, but it already had four applications on it before we got ours in the next morning…FOUR. We kept getting passed over since we had to put in a 30 day notice for our apartment, and apparently, that’s too long of a wait for someone to move in. To remedy that problem, we put in our notice for our apartment. Our realtor told us it would be no problem finding a house we like

It Cosmetics Ulta Meet & Greet

This is a late post, but last week was kind of a blur it was so busy! My main squeeze was out of town for work, so I was left with kiddo duty all week, plus it was my birthday, my son’s Pre-K Graduation, and we have been house hunting! I still don’t know how I fit sleep in there anywhere. Nonetheless, here I am with a recap of the second part of the weekend – the IT Cosmetics Meet & Greet at Ulta! Check out the first part of the weekend here! Shalott, from Shalittle.com , and I drove out to the Ulta in Southlake for this fabulous occasion. The purpose of this meet & greet was to introduce people to the IT Cosmetics line through makeovers as well as the opportunity to meet Jamie Kern and the other amazing ladies from the IT Cosmetics team. Upon walking in to the store, you could just feel the excitement and energy coming from all the people there for their complementary makeovers! This was the busiest I have ever seen an Ulta store – even busier than the 2 days befor

IT Cosmetics VIP Dinner

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to be invited to a very special VIP dinner hosted by   IT Cosmetics   , along with fellow Dallas bloggers! The dinner included some divine food, champagne, fabulous makeup, and some incredibly fun company at   Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck  atop Reunion Tower in Downtown Dallas. We were also treated to makeovers and a meet & greet with the Co-Founder, Jamie Lima. Being so new at blogging this was my very first experience like this, and let me tell you it was a great first experience. The night started off with some wonderful appetizers, that unfortunately I did not snap pictures of! The tables were also decorated with some of IT Cosmetics products! Adorable! Once we sat down for dinner, we learned more about the company and their products. I had known of the company prior to this due to the New Beauty Test Tube last spring. I received one of their fabulous brushes, which made me want to try the other products! I ended up learning so