Skip to main content

MyStylit.com Review

I am about to lay some truth about motherhood on you. Your life forever changes- for the good, the bad and the ugly. The changes range from having your heart filled with a kind of love you never thought you could experience to having a kangaroo pouch from carrying a tiny human being for 10 months. Before I got pregnant, I loved to play around with my style and I loved shopping! Fast forward 6 years, and it's not nearly as much fun. When you have a little boy and husband in toe, both complaining about how bored they are or how much they would rather go to the Lego Store, its hard to put together outfits while shopping. Its hard to ENJOY shopping like that. Now being a mom, with a job in an office with a stricter dress code, I had to change my style up a bit too. I suddenly felt like I lost my sense of what pieces I should put together, I needed some inspiration, and I needed it bad! A friend of mine posted about a website called www.mystylit.com and she raved about how absolutely amazing it was, so I had to check it out.


Description: From MyStylit's webpage, Stylit is your online personal stylist. Simply fill out a short questionnaire about your favorite fashion, size and budget and our algo-fashion styling machine will determine your Style DNA.






How it works: Each Thursday, your "personal stylist" sends 4-6 outfit samples. Each week there is a theme they follow in the outfits they pick out for you. The outfits will always include a dress or bottoms and top, shoes, accessories, and some form of beauty product. At times they will also include jackets, cardigans, or other cover-ups. They include where you can purchase each item, a direct link to purchase, and the cost. You review each outfit, up to 5 stars. Week after week, the outfits you receive are changed based upon your ratings. It took roughly a month for the outfits to be more inline with my personal tastes. This site has really helped with the outfit inspiration that I needed, it also helped me find new places to shop! It's pertinent to review the outfits that are sent to you each week, so the personal stylists know hat you are into and what you aren't. The best part is, it is complete free! Its like having a personal shopper without the expensive price tag! I would rate this site 4.5/5 stars! Now, go on, sign up and experience it for yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lush’s Jason and the Argon Oil Shampoo Bar Review

I suck. I know. I am horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I have been absent for nearly two weeks. There have been a few things to cause this, most of which is house hunting and packing. House hunting sucks. I used to think that would be fun to look at houses, I was so wrong. In a few weeks time, we have looked at roughly 16 houses. We have loved 4. By the time we stepped foot in the house, they already had several applications on it (we are renting, not buying—which means we get to do this again in a few years when we are buying. JOY.) We even got to be the first people to view a house within hours of it being “on the market”, but it already had four applications on it before we got ours in the next morning…FOUR. We kept getting passed over since we had to put in a 30 day notice for our apartment, and apparently, that’s too long of a wait for someone to move in. To remedy that problem, we put in our notice for our apartment. Our realtor told us it would be no problem finding a house we like...

Urban Decay Primer Potion Review

Today I am reviewing one of the most beloved beauty products of America, the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The primer seems to have a particularly cult-ish following so I headed out to ULTA to get my hands on a bottle so that I could see what all the hype is about. Product Description:  From Sephora's website, " A 24-hour wear, nude eye shadow primer that ensures vibrant, crease-free wear.   This primer keeps your eye shadow crease-free while making color more vibrant and providing a smoother application. Formulated with polymer technology, it fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping lids for all-day wear. It glides on smoothly, blends beautifully on all skintones, and dries on invisibly. ." Urban Decay also carries tinted versions and an anti-aging version of the same product.  Size:   0.37 FL/oz per tube. (I purchased it in a set of two.) Review:  Overall I wasn't too impressed with this primer. I don't know if it was because it jus...

Dry Shampoo Showdown - Round 1

It’s finally summertime! That means time for warmer weather and sweatier locks! This is the perfect time to talk about one lifesaving hair product, Dry Shampoo. Dry shampoo is a lifesaver, the one beauty product I could never live without – EVER. That’s right ladies, I would choose dry shampoo over mascara or lipstick! Dirty hair is a big no-no, at least in my book. Because of the hair genes my daddy-o passed on, I have fine, blonde, oily hair. Shampooing daily is obviously pretty time consuming and has a tendency to strip your hair of the natural oils. When that happens, your scalp tends to over compensate causing more oil production, which is not the best thing for us oily haired gals and guys! While daily shampooing might be the right choice for some, its not the answer for me. I found giving a few days between shampooing (using dry shampoo between) has really helped a few things: My hair has adjusted to the oil. I can go 3 days, sometimes 4 without having to shampoo my hair (...